Wednesday, May 4, 2011

May the 4th Be With You

Wow, when I decided to start this blog over seven months ago I never thought it would take me this long to post another entry.  So since last September I've been to Orlando for my buddy Jeff's wedding, back to Boston several times to see the family (including an impromptu vacation in early December, my first in two years!!), to NYC to cover the Syracuse Basketball team in the Big East Tournament (had a much better time this year!), to Glens Falls where the NY Mills boys basketball team won the state championship and of course, to my own personal happiest place on earth, Cooperstown.  (I was just at the Baseball Hall of Fame on Tuesday for Bert Blyleven's tour and media session!)

So life has been crazy, needless to say.  Today was May 4th, Star Wars Day (May The 4th Be With You!!) and I've had a weird week.  I was originally supposed to have Thursday and Friday off, but had to switch around my schedule, first because of the Liberty League women's lacrosse tournament, hosted by Hamilton, then because of all the rain.  (For the second straight week with this!  Seriously, has anyone noticed how awful the weather has become all over the world?  This really doesn't seem normal.)

This past Sunday was the final day for WKTV's outgoing weekend news anchor, Emma Wright, and fittingly enough, she had to wait an hour to start her last show, because of the announcement by President Obama about the death of Osama Bin Laden.  Wow people are getting revved up about someone dying and more importantly angry when someone doesn't get excited about it.  Hey, I'm an American Jew, high on the Taliban hit list, but I'm not jumping for joy.  While I'm happy he's gone, Bin Laden won't be the last face of a terrorist organization determined to bring down the US.  But at least those people who lost loved ones at 9-11 can get some closure, as he was responsible for what happened.  But you know what?  Everyone says that was such a dark day in US history, but I disagree.  I think it showed how Americans can come together, especially the ones who were in that last plane that crashed.  I like to think that those folks overpowered the terrorists and screwed up their plans.  In any case, that's all I'm going to say about that.

So in sports news, the Red Sox started 0-6 and are still under .500, the Celtics swept the Carmelo-led Knicks out of the playoffs and are now down 0-2 to Miami and the Bruins are up 3-0 again on the Flyers in the second round of the playoffs.  Should be interesting from here on out.

Hopefully it won't take me another seven months to post another entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment